Contextualization of digital messages on Mappy.fr – December 2013
Objectives and challenges
- Communicate with car drivers about the economic advantages of car sharing during the festive period (Christmas and New Year);
- Increase traffic towards the BlaBlaCar site in order to develop the offer of free places over the festive season;
- Increase awareness of the BlaBlaCar brand (branding).
- The DCO set up by ADventori enabled messages to be contextualized on the Mappy site and so personalize the offer according to the needs of each user.
- The BlaBlaCar banner uses the search information of the journey and displays in real time the estimated savings from car-sharing. The user can thus compare the cost of the journey estimated by Mappy and the amount that can be saved by using BlaBlacar.
- Post-click marketing is managed differently and is sent directly on BlaBlaCar, on a page pre-filled with this same information. It only remains to confirm publication of the journey.
Profits and results
- The click rate on dynamic banners is 2.1 times greater than on banners that carry a generic message.
- On further analysis, it can be seen that the greater the distance asked for, the more the click rate increases. Banners that display a price over long distances have even greater influence and push the click rate to 3.5. The saving displayed in the banner has therefore stimulated an additional interest which:
- Wouldn’t have been the same with a generic message
- Changes according to the data generated
- Strategically, 2 lessons can be drawn from this information: Dynamic Display has a convincing impact on the campaign and its optimization could push the BlaBlacar customer to focus his search for a place only above a given distance.
- Better ROI
- Increase in internet user’s commitment
- Improvement in brand awareness among the target group